Boat Diver (1 days / 2 dives)
Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course can benefit almost every diver, because different boats in different parts of the world do things differently.Diving from a boat is fun, especially when you look at ease when maneuvering around on it. It’s fun to know what you’re doing!
What you learn:
• Dive from boats ranging from small inflatables to large liveaboards
• How they differ from place to place
• Gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area
• Safely enter and exit the water, sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat or you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder.
• Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
• Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives.
• Locate basic boat safety equipment
|Boat Diver||฿ 6,900*|
Underwater Navigator (2 days / 4 dives)
Be the diver everyone wants to follow and make your sense of direction legendary with the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course.
Finding your way is not a matter of luck! When everyone’s buzzing about a reef or checking out a shipwreck, they’re having a great time – until it’s time to go. Then they turn to you, because as a PADIUnderwater Navigator, you know the way back to the boat.
Underwater navigation can be challenging, but in the PADI UnderwaterNavigator Specialty course, you master the challenge. You will learn the tools of the trade, including navigation via natural clues and by compass.
What you will learn:
• Navigation patterns
• Natural navigation (without a compass)
• Compass navigation
• How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
• Underwater map making
• Dive site relocation
• How to estimate distance underwater
|Underwater Navigator||฿ 10,900*|
Peak Performance Buoyancy (1 days / 2 dives)
What is neutral buoyancy? Scuba divers like to be neutrally buoyant so they neither sink nor float. It can be a tricky thing. Divers who’ve mastered the highest performance levels in buoyancy stand apart. You’ve seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend,descend or hover, almost as if by thought. They interact gently with aquatic life and affect their surroundings minimally.
The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course refines the basic skills you learned as a diver and elevates them to the next level.
The fun part of this course is giving your dive skills a polish you may not have thought possible.
What you learn:
• How to trim your scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water
• Nuances in determining weight so you’re not too light nor too heavy by even a slight degree
• How to streamline to save air and move smoothly through the water
• How to hover effortlessly in both a vertical position and a horizontal
|Peak Performance Buoyancy||฿ 6,900*|
Wreck Diver (2 days / 4 dives)
Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or the result of mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, airplanes and even automobiles nearly irresistible because they’re intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery, and usually teeming with aquatic life. The PADI Wreck Diver course teaches you the ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving.
• Techniques for diving shipwrecks, and how to avoid common hazards
• How to research and learn the background of your favorite wrecks
• Wreck scuba diving equipment considerations
• Considerations and techniques for entering intact wrecks
• Experience in planning, organizing and making four wreck dives
|Wreck Diver||฿ 10,900*|
Night Diver (2 days / 3 dives)
As the sun sets, you don your dive gear, slip on your scuba mask and bite down on your dive regulator. A deep breath and you step off the boat – into the underwater night. Although you’ve seen this reef many times before, this time you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light.
Introduce yourself to the whole new cast of critters that comes out after the sun goes down. See your favorite dive sites from a whole new perspective at night.
• Night dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems
• How to control your buoyancy at night
• Entries, exits and underwater navigation at night
• Nocturnal aquatic life, since many of the plants and animals you'll see are different
|Night Diver||฿ 10,900*|
Multilevel & Computer Diving (2 days / 4 dives)
Maximize your dive time so you can explore more! In this course, you learn how to plan dives that extend your bottom time by crediting yo ufor slower nitrogen absorption when you ascend to a shallower depth.That’s the way you really dive, after all.This is a great way to learn how to make multilevel dives even if you forget to bring your dive computer.You'll learn what multilevel diving is and why you want to plan for multilevel dives. You'll also get to see the various types of multilevel dive calculators(including dive computers), as well as learn about multilevel dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques, and potential problems.You'll plan a multilevel dive profile and dive it with your PADI Instructor.
What you learn:
• Plan and execute multilevel dives (different depths on the same dive)
• Back up your dive computer and plan multilevel dives
• Maximize your no stop time
|Multilevel & Computer Diver||฿ 10,900*|
Deep Diver (2 days / 4 dives)
The PADI Deep Diver Course is properly one of the most popular. After your first few scuba dives, you soon want to explore a bit deeper. There’s something exciting and mysterious about the depth that attracts dives.
The fun part about this course is the opportunity to explore the deep. It’s exhilarating and you may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Deep Diver course.
What you will learn:
• Techniques for diving in the deeper range of 18-40m / 60-130feet
• Deep scuba diving equipment considerations
• Experience in planning, organizing and making at least 4 deep dives under the supervision of your
|Deep Diver||฿ 10,900*|
Digital Underwater Photographer (1 1/2 days / 2 dives)
Underwater photography is one of the most popular specialties, and the rise of digital underwater cameras has made it easier and more fun than ever. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course gets you going quickly with today modern digital equipment, whether you have a point-and-shoot camera or a sophisticated D-SLR like the pros.
What you learn
• How to choose the right underwater camera system for you
• The PADI SEA method for getting great shots quickly
• The three primary principles for good underwater photos
• How to get better at your overall buoyancy
|Digital Underwater Photographer||from ฿ 8,400*|
Project AWARE (1 day / no dive)
The underwater world needs heroes. You can be one of them by championing the causes of the world’s most fragile and important aquatic ecosystems.You can make a difference! Learn about some of the most pressing problems facing these vulnerable environments and everyday actions you can take to help conserve them. It’s informative,interesting and most importantly, you learn how to make a difference.Project AWARE Foundation is the scuba diving industry’s leading non profit environmental organization dedicated to conserving the aquatic environment through education, advocacy and action. Besides completing the Project AWARE Specialty course, you can become a partner in the efforts to preserve the underwater environment.
What you learn:
• The ocean commons and coastal zone issues
• Fisheries challenges and sustainability
• Coral environment overview and inhabitants
• The role of the scuba diver in protecting aquatic environment
|Project AWARE||฿ 3,900|
AWARE Coral Reef Conservation (1 day / no dive)
The AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course is designed to inform you about the world’s
coral reefs. As a scuba diver, the health of aquatic ecosystems is often what makes a good dive.
Become aware of the fragileness of coral reefs and how you can help preserve them. The AWARE -
Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches you about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment. The course also familiarizes you with the current state of the world's coral reefs and how you can help.
You will learn about the Project AWARE Foundation and:
• How coral reefs function
• Why they are so important
• Why many reefs are in serious trouble
• What you can do to prevent further decline
|AWARE Coral Reef Conservation||฿ 3,500|
AWARE Fish Identification (1 day / 2 dives)
Have you ever been scuba diving and asked yourself, "What was that?”. The PADI Project AWARE Fish Identification Specialty course provides you with the fish identification basics so that next time, you know the answer. You’ll find you enjoy your dives even more when you recognize the creatures that you see. The fun part about this course is you can use the skills you learn on every scuba diving vacation once you learn the main fish families and characteristics it will help you decipher the species you see all over the world. For example, a butterflyfish in the Caribbean has a similar shape to a butterfly fish in SoutheastAsia, but their colors and markings may be wildly different. If you know what fish family it belongs to, it becomes much easier to look up the local name or at least be able to intelligently ask the local scuba instructor what you saw.During two dives you gain hands-on (okay, eyes-on) experience in looking for and identifying the fascinating fish you see underwater
What you learn:
• How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species
• Fish survey techniques and strategies
• How to practice fish identification dive planning, organization and pro.
|AWARE Fish Identification||฿ 6,900*|
Underwater Naturalist (1 day / 2 dives)
Look closer to see more on your next dive. Look for symbioses, predator/prey and other relationshipsbetween aquatic plant and animal life. Learn not just what fish and animals are, but how they interactwith each other and the environment. Learn about why some creatures behave the way they do andwhat their role is in the aquatic ecosystem.
What you learn:
• The major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths.
• The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
• Responsible interactions with aquatic life
• The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment
|Underwater Naturalist||฿ 6,900*|
Enriched Air Diver (1 day)
Scuba Diving with Enriched Air Nitrox. The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is PADI’s most popular specialty scuba diving course, and it’s easy to see what Scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no decompression dive time. This means more time underwater,especially on repetitive scuba dives.
You can typically stay down longer and get back in the water sooner.No wonder many divers choose this as their very first specialty.You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Enriched Air Divercourse.
What you learn:
• Techniques for getting more dive time by using enriched air nitrox
• Enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations
• Enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to tell what’s inyour scuba tank and how to plan the dives accordingly.
Begin your course today! The Enriched Air Diver Course is a theoretical course that you can do online. The few practical sections of the course you will do at the dive center. You only pay a registration fee to PADI when signing up with Kon-Tiki, but apart from that fee, Kon-Tiki offer the course for free.
Should you prefer to not do your course online, but want to have an instructor teaching you from a manual you can contact us for more details.
|Enriched Air Diver||AUD $220|
Drift Diver (1 day / 2 dives)
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’llever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
What you learn:
• Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
• An introduction to drift diving equipment - floats, lines, reels
• Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
• Site selection and overview of aquatic currents - causes and effects
• Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
|Drift Diver||฿ 6,900|
Equipment Specialist (1 day / no dive)
Don’t miss a dive due to a scuba gear issue. Whether it's a blowno-ring, regulator problem, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, you can learn how to manage basic scuba equipment adjustments.
As a PADI Equipment Specialist, you are prepared for the basic scuba equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you'll encounter everyday. In addition, you'll learn interesting background information about how your gear works, how it’s repair and other information that helps you with your equipment investment.
The more you know about how your dive gear works, the more
• Comfortable you are with it
• Performance you get from it
• You can care for it
What you learn:
• Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment
• Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures,and equipment storage
• How to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
• Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
|Equipment Specialist||฿ 4,900|
Cavern Diver (3 day / 4 dives)
The PADI Cavern Diver course covers the knowledge and techniques of cavern diving and describes the dangers involved with cave diving. The Cavern Diver course is conducted 3 days and 4 training dives, a thorough academic presentation, an equipment modification workshop and line practice land drills. There is no manual, so no boring reading followed by reviews or exams. Just very informative and relaxing discussions and practical exercises.
Cavern diving is defined as any dive conducted within the light zone of a cave. The light zone of a cave is defined as that part of the cave from which natural light illuminating the entrance is visible at all times.
In our academic sessions we will cover topics such as:
• Conservation, Landowner relations, Terminology and geology
• Cave types and formations, Cave entrances, Silt
• Chemicals, gases and related terminology, Environment hazards
• Equipment considerations, Guidelines & Communication
• Psychological considerations, Stress
• Accident analysis & Emergency procedures
During our training dives we will practice skills such as:
• Equipment checks and S-drills
• Propulsion techniques
• Buoyancy control and body positioning
• Guideline and reel use (tie offs, placements)
• Communication and signals (light signals, hand signals, touch contact)
• Emergency procedures (light failure, loss of visibility, out of air, lost diver)
• Gas management (turn around pressure)
Khao Sok Last day
|Sidemount Combo||+฿ 8,900|
Self Reliant Diver (2 day / 3 dives)
In this course you will learn self-reliant techniques and how to manage situations where you may be separated from your buddy for extended periods of time. This course is an introduction to self-reliant diving that helps you develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary to rely on yourself in first hand. You will be introduced to different air backup systems including double cylinders and pony bottles.
This course is well suitable for:
• Instructors & Divemasters
• Divers who are interested in technical diving
You will learn:
• Value and application of the buddy system
• Potential risks of diving alone, and how to manage such risks
• Setting up redundant air source
• Calculating and planning dives according to your air consumption
|Self Reliant Diver||฿ 11,900*|
* Marinepark fee for Hin Daeng & Koh Haa and fuel surcharge for Hin Daeng and BBQ trip applies